- Hide menu
Thinking about a Newborn Photo shoot?
Here are a few tips for preparing for the session and ensuring it goes smoothly:
- Trim baby’s finger and toenails for those close-up macro beauty shots.
- Turn your heat up (or the air down) to keep the house cozy warm for a sleepy & naked baby. 80 degrees is suggested. If possible, have a space heater handy to position close to baby to keep them extra warm and cozy. The warmer they are, the harder and longer they sleep!
- Enjoy breastfeeding your baby and having a part in the process of their session. It is so very normal and natural that they like to just sit at your breast or eat frequently and often or for long periods of time – it is their nature and it is perfect.
- If baby has flaky skin, I suggest avoiding any harsh chemicals in lotions or shampoos (general brands such as J&J, Huggies and etc have these). Coconut oil is an amazing natural skin care tool – and will keep your babies skin soft and it is 100% safe for their little bodies. It works wonders for dry skin or skin impurities.
- Open up your blinds/shades, pull back the curtains and have rooms as naturally lit as possible. I never use artificial lighting.
- Try to avoid feeding or supplementing baby with formula, as it usually causes upset tummies and generally makes them more restless and uncomfortable during the session.
- Write down, have in mind, and/or send me posing ideas you love and ones you want to avoid. I want to make your session unique to you, your baby and your family.